Please see our Definitions section for further explanation.
- Black-led, Black-focused and Black-serving not-for-profit and charitable organizations
- Black collaboratives
- Ad-hoc/informal B3 groups, B3 collectives, individual Black leaders
- Initiatives must demonstrate impact on youth wellness through sport and recreation
- Initiatives must be focused on Black youth in Ontario
- Initiatives must not have a for-profit purpose
Eligible organizations, collectives and community leaders will be granted funds to explore program ideas, planning, research, testing new ideas and assess their capacity needs, opportunities, and challenges.
- A B3 organization receives funding to undertake a feasibility study for a new youth recreation program in their community.
- A group of Black parents receive funding to explore the creation of a not-for-profit organization to manage an ad-hoc youth soccer league they have started for their kids.
- A Black community leader receives funds to hold a summit to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the availability of sports and recreation in their community.
- A charitable organization receives funds to run a drumming program for Black newcomers in their community.
- Staffing costs: Salaries, mandatory employment-related costs and employee benefits for staff positions funded specifically to carry out the project.
- Non-Staffing costs: Purchased services, workshops, meetings, convening, supplies and materials, evaluation, travel, and equipment.
- Overhead and Administrative costs: Overhead and administrative costs directly associated with the funded project.
- Capital campaigns
- Direct financial support of for-profit enterprises
- Expenses unrelated to the project
- Partisan political activities
- Projects established for a religious purpose or religious activities
- Projects outside of Ontario
Grant Amount & Deadlines
Grant Amounts: Maximum $25,000
Grant Duration: Minimum 3 months - Maximum 12-months
Grant Application: Click here to apply.
Portal Open for Profile Creation & Applications: June 22, 2022
Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
Decisions Announced: October 2022
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org